Saturday, January 26, 2013

AND AWAY WE GO


We are already stepping into 2103 and that means the start of another exciting auction season. 

Beginning in March, the 3 major auction houses, Sotheby's, Christie's and Phillips (along with 
Swann and Doyle) are ready to draw in the growing number of new and existing collectors to 
Photography and Contemporary Art.

I preview all of the catalogues and many of the auctions in New York for both myself and clients.
For potential purchases it is most important not only to get the condition report, but also to check the condition of each work of art in person.

I welcome your questions and interest to be a participant.

For those of you who have not yet had the opportunity to attend an auction in person, they are available to watch "live" online (for Sotheby's, Christie's and Phillips).  Although they are not quite as exciting as being there in person.......they are still a thrill.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

As I look forward to a Happy and Healthy New Year, I leave you with one of my favorite images and in fact the first photo I ever purchased for myself over 25 years ago.  It is also available for purchase.
Artist:  Helen Levitt

No comments:

Post a Comment